Board of Directors Nomination
December 20, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Thank you for your interest in putting yourself forward as a nominee for the Association of Change Management Professionals Board of Directors.
We are looking for candidates who can evidence the following:
- Consensus builder;
- Financial acumen;
- Visionary and strategic thinker;
- Team player who communicates effectively;
- Entrepreneurial and innovative insight; and,
- A range of business leadership and management skills.
ACMP Board Members are expected to:
- Show Up: Board Members are expected to meet their diary commitments as outlined in the role description. This may mean re-arranging business or personal appointments.
- Care: As ACMP is a non-profit with a distinctive Vision and Mission, caring about why we exist and evidencing that in your relationships with others is essential.
- Team Player: In a volunteer dependent organization, a Board Member is expected to achieve a high standard in collaborating with and supporting fellow Board Members, ACMP staff and volunteers.
- Follow Through: ACMP is a relatively young organization and does not have copious resources at its disposal. The willingness and availability of Board Members to carry out and complete tangible pieces of work is critical, and some of this may be more operational than strategic in nature. We follow through on initiatives agreed by the Board.
- Positive Attitude: ACMP needs Board Members who can set a tone of positivity and ‘can do,' who are courteous, generous, and warm to our volunteers and staff.
- Do the Right Thing: The willingness to make a fundamental call on right and wrong, even if this conflicts with other interests.
Prior to completing your application, please consider whether you can offer the time and working pattern that will be required to fulfill the role:
- Meet face-to-face three (3) or more times per year, typically for two (2) days per meeting.
- Offer at least five (5) hours per week for online meetings, reviews, material development, etc. This includes preparation for BoD meetings, fulfillment of standard BoD duties, and preparation for and participation in Committee meetings for which the BoD Member is a Liaison.
- Further time, as agreed, to any project or Task Force.
Providing continuity of direction in the context of a Board that changes annually is one of our challenges! In your first year, you will be expected to support the priorities agreed by the previous year’s Board and set out in the Business Plan and Budget. You will have the opportunity to provide input to the plan content and budget for the following and subsequent year.
Your application will be considered by the Candidate Search, Nomination and Election Committee (CSNE), who act on behalf of the Board and Members to bring forward a high caliber slate of candidates for election.
These are the questions they have developed to enable you to share what you will be able to bring to the role of ACMP Board Member.
Nominations may only be submitted by ACMP members, and only ACMP members may serve on the Board.
If you encounter any technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.